Thursday, November 28, 2013

FFF: Baby Blue/Silver/White

Happy Black Friday! Are you still awake? Online shopping is the way to go!


 Today's FFF over at The Greeting Farm is a color challenge (Baby Blue/Silver/White). 


Here is the card I created for you. The birdhouse image is from the My Heart 6x9 stamp set. I didn't have an image for the base, so i had hoarded some pieces of cling rubber that were leftover trimmings of TGF stamps, and used a long narrow piece as the pole. 


I used the same technique that I used on my previous "Let it Snow" card here. I blended two Distress Ink colors together for the background, not taking it all the way to the bottom so that it can remain white for the snow. For the snow effect, I used two white tone mists from Lindy's Stamp Gang and created droplets to mimic snow. Here is a mini video of myself creating this background. For the silver requirement for this color challenge, I had some 1/2" wired silver mesh ribbon and some mini silver flat back pearls. 

Hope you enjoyed my card and come play along with us over at the TGF Blog.

TGF Stamps (Links Provided):
Other Supplies: 
DCWV Home for Christmas 12x12, Neenah Solar White CS, Tuxedo Black Memento Ink, Mini Silver Flat Back Pearls, Lindy's Stamp Gang Starburst Frozen Jack Frost/Ghostly Gargoyle White, Copics (Birdhouse) RV29/R39/C3/C5/0, Dimensional Pop Dots, Kaiser Craft Christmas Quotes, Ranger Distress Ink Stormy Sky/Chipped Sapphire, Misc. Heart Stamps

No comments:

Post a Comment