Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Lindy's It's Fall Y'all Contest!

Like the image says, "It's Fall Y'All". Lindy's Stamp Gang is having a contest on their Facebook page. There are amazing prizes. If you love Lindy's Stamp Gang and you use it on almost all your crafting projects then this contest is easy peasy for you. The contest is going on now and ends October 24, 2011.

Here is my spooky project to hopefully inspire you to create. It's an altered wooden hanging spider. This is one side of the spider. On the outer body, I sprayed it with Starburst VavavaVoom Violet. After that I covered it with glue from a glue stamp pad. I then sprinkled some ultra fine black glitter. I lined the body with white rhinestones and colored them black with my Copic marker. The middle body was embossed with several layers of the Jack o'Lantern two tone embossing powder from the Jolly Jacks Set.

The inner body was sprayed with Starburst Freaky Franken-Lime. This was a very rich and bright lime green color. I then added tiny white rhinestones and colored it again with my black Copic marker....I guess I should buy some black rhinestones =) To finish off this side of the spider, I took some white seam binding and sprayed it with the Starburst Witch's Potion Purple.

On to the other side. I kept the outer body the same as the reverse side. The middle body frame is sprayed with the Starburst Witch's Potion Purple and colored over with the Magicals Witch's Potion Purple for a more deep color and shimmer. The inner body was also kept the same as the reverse side as well.
The last thing I did was add the white seam binding on this side and colored it with the Starburst Hag's Wart Orange.

I love how my spooky spider turned out. For a more detailed look of my project, please watch the video I made here. Thanks for stopping by! Now it's your turn, what will you be making for this contest?

Lindy's Stamp Gang Products (links provided):
Starburst VavavaVoom Violet
Starburst Witch's Potion Purple
Starburst Freaky Franken-Lime
Starburst Hag's Wart Orange
Magicals Haunted Halloween Set (Witch's Potion Purple)
Embossing Powder Jolly Jacks Set (Jack o'Lantern)
Other Products:
Wooden Hanging Spider, Rhinestones, Black Copic Marker, White Seam Binding, Glitter Ritz Black, Glue Stamp Pad, Heat Gun

No comments:

Post a Comment