Thursday, July 21, 2011

Altered Pennant

Hi everyone, it's Thursday! Here is my Stamper's Dream project of the week. It is an altered wood pennant that was given to me as a gift. I painted it with white acrylic paint. The papers that were used are from Melissa Frances 5th Avenue. If you haven't taken the plunge on this fab paper, do so =) The images were distressed with Antique Linen. I fussy cut the image of the ballerinas from the pattern paper and popped it up with foam dimensional pop dots. The Spellbinders nestablilities die that was used is Labels Thirteen. I pleated some white crepe paper (party streamers) and added this beautiful pearl/rosette trim.
I just love layering the Spellbinders dies to create a frame for added dimension. I added some semi-puffy white roses and some pink gardenias. The pennant is hung with white seam binding. I also added a Vintage Trinket tear drop from Prima to dangle at the tip. I've decided to give this hanging pennant to a sweet scrappy sister. I truly hope she likes it as much as I do. Thanks for stopping by!

Stamper's Dream Products (links provided):
Melissa Frances - 5th Avenue
Ranger Distress Ink - Antique Linen
Other Products:
I Am Roses Flowers, Lace Pearl/Rosette Trim, Marion Smith Vintage Trinkets, White Crepe Paper, White seam binding, White acrylic paint, Plain Wood Pennant

5 comments:

  1. As usual, your project is gorgeous! So shabby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so love it! The vintage style is so pretty! :) ♥
    I just followed you by the way! Have a wonderful day! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous pennant!! Loving that papers. TFS... Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely soft sweet colors you selected to do this banner in. Turned out Beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jo this is soooooo pretty! I love the idea of making a pennant instead of a banner!!! Beautiful work as always:)

    ReplyDelete